Aerial 3D Models
When more detail than a 2D model or map is required, UAVs can very precisely create 3D models of buildings, construction areas, terrain or disaster sites. The process requires flying the drone in a specific flight pattern and with different camera settings. Having the right equipment and software has much to do with the quality of the end product.
What are some applications for Aerial 3D Models?
- Modeling a building for promotional purposes
- Surveying a disaster area for insurance claims
- Documenting a historical site
- Exporting into design software like CAD or Sketchup for conceptual planning
- Creating a model to be 3D printed
Have questions? Please get in touch.